Saturday, June 23, 2012

Feta Bruschetta Dip!

I miss my husband a lot today, (if you haven't been following this blog- my husband is deployed overseas currently) I miss him everyday for different reasons of course- but today I miss him a lot because he would love this recipe. I'm definitely making it for him as soon as he gets home. He LOVES bruschetta. If we're at a restaurant and bruschetta is a menu offering- he's ordering it. Every time. We have even stopped going to a certain Italian restaurant because they took bruschetta OFF of their menu. 

I originally saw this recipe on Pinterest the other day pinned from: http://www.memoriesoncloverlane.com/2010/11/recipe-that-will-make-your-life-easier.html 
She calls it "Feta Dip" But I instantly called it Bruschetta dip because that's what it tastes like to me. It was the perfect pairing to the lovely glass of Riesling I enjoyed with it. Mmm. And after my baby brother swooped in the kitchen and devoured the rest of the baguette (no dip, he just ate the bread) I used the leftover dip to make a batch of Fresh Summer Pasta Salad! And that was perfection.

In the original "feta dip" recipe she used green onions, I used chives because I'm really not a fan of oniony flavor (I know, I'm picky). However, if you ARE an onion lover I suggest using green onions, or even some sliced red onion would be beautiful in this- just not for me. :-) This would be such a lovely appetizer to bring to a party, it's beautiful to look at and SOOO tasty. I imagine it would be great on a cracker, pretzel, veggies, etc- but served with the baguette really made it bruschetta like for me.
   
Ingredients:
3 tomatoes, diced (I used Roma tomatoes)
1 bunch of chives, chopped
Olive Oil (approx. 1/4 cup)
6 oz. Feta Cheese, crumbled
3 Tsp. Greek Seasoning
1 Fresh baguette, thinly sliced
 
Step 1: On a beautiful platter (or if you can't find a beautiful platter, like me, a 9x13 glass dish) generously cover the dish in olive oil. I used about 1/4 cup.




Step 2: Cover olive oil with tomatoes and chives.
Step 3: Cover in feta cheese and top with Greek seasoning.
Step 4: Stir together until combined and pretty. :-)
Serve with sliced baguette, dip and fold over the mixture or use a spoon to top your slice. Either way, enjoy! It's delicious. :-)


Mmmmm :-)

 Remember if you are enjoying this recipe or any of the others- hit the subscribe button to your right so you can get my recipes straight to your inbox! It will make your tummy growl and your kitchen happy! :-)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment